[REMOVE ADS]

Quincy Tempo When I Look At You Motown ?????

What ?????? Attention-getter???? Possible lawsuit material???
    Last edited by luckyluckyme; 04-19-2024 at 06:53 PM.

...he's taking the pi%$ ...running down his trouser leg...!

...from 1964...?
    ...'one of the lesser known Holland-Dozier-Holland songs'...? ...Motown...? ...my ar$e...!

It seems this a new trend to make AI generated comedy songs, as since I heard the this song, I keep getting recommendations for these tracks on YT!

Now, some are better, and funnier than others, but I do wonder if there will indeed be some legal challenges over these tracks, as some do use Motown, Stax, and other songs which sound very much like they are original tracks from the period!

Like this one which is cleary based around a Marvellettes song, and the AI lead is based around Wanda Rogers, and the backing vocals either the Andantes and the Marvelettes!

Here's another, which again, is a pure Motown rework : -

I can see some people who might at first with some of the songs not be paying close attention to the lyrics, and think these are original Motown, Stax, and classic soul songs!

Oh Dear!

Cheers

Paul
    Last edited by bradburger; 05-21-2024 at 11:20 PM.

Here's another from the 'SOTB', which clearly is from a J5/Motown track.

And this one which sounds to me as if it's used elements from a Hot Wax/Invictus tune.

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by bradburger View Post
    It seems this a new trend to make AI generated comedy songs, as since I heard the this song, I keep getting recommendations for these tracks on YT!

Now, some are better, and funnier than others, but I do wonder if there will indeed be some legal challenges over these tracks, as some do use Motown, Stax, and other songs which sound very much like they are original tracks from the period!

Like this one which is cleary based around a Marvellettes song, and the AI lead is based around Wanda Rogers, and the backing vocals either the Andantes and the Marvelettes!

I watched/listened to this one last night and I'd almost say it sounds to me more like the AI is recreating Saundra Edwards of The Elgins than it does Wanda and The Marvelettes.

All of this is pretty bizarre--not just the subject matter of the songs, but that AI is used to do this and in like 50 years someone is going to say, "my favorite Motown song was The Jackson Sisters singing "Bleach Blonde Bad Built [Butch Body]"--what were those Motown writers thinking with THAT title?!"

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    I watched/listened to this one last night and I'd almost say it sounds to me more like the AI is recreating Saundra Edwards of The Elgins than it does Wanda and The Marvelettes.

All of this is pretty bizarre--not just the subject matter of the songs, but that AI is used to do this and in like 50 years someone is going to say, "my favorite Motown song was The Jackson Sisters singing "Bleach Blonde Bad Built [Butch Body]"--what were those Motown writers thinking with THAT title?!"
    You might be right on both counts!

I know that one approach to cloning a voice of a singer is to use the AI to learn parts or passages of their voice, preferably from an isolated vocal [from a multitrack or AI generated one], and then you have to sing as close as possible to that singers voice, and the AI comes up with something sounding like the said artist.

Another way it seems is the AI has a voice model of singer again using an isolated vocal,
    but does not require someone to sing, it comes up with a vocal by the chosen voice model on it's own, based on the isolated vocal it is fed.

An example of this is I posted in this thread : -

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...in-High-Enough

I can imagine some intern working at a radio station having great fun playing a prank by adding or substituting one of these 'comedy' tracks for something on the playlist!

Cheers

Paul
    Last edited by bradburger; Yesterday at 07:59 PM.

Saw one entitled "I Superglued My Butthole Shut" by The Ds from 1954. Very clever but not really my thing so I won't post a link. Sad where we're going with AI.