[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Very cool to see candid footage like this. I get the feeling it was a chance encounter for the person filming that they just happened to see Miss Ross when the Supremes were in town doing a show at the Steel Pier. But I agree, cool shades!
    Darin

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    Very cool to see candid footage like this. I get the feeling it was a chance encounter for the person filming that they just happened to see Miss Ross when the Supremes were in town doing a show at the Steel Pier. But I agree, cool shades!
    Darin
    that's what i'm assuming too. looks like this was a home movie they took on a family trip to the Steel Pier and just happened to have footage of DR.

it's amazing when things like this pop up. there must be tons of random things like these in various people's homes, although the likelihood of them being found decreases every day. I went through and scanned a ton of slides from my grandparents' collection but i certainly didn't do every one. and so who knows what i might have missed [[i doubt anything supremes lol) but i did find that they performed at my college in Jan 1967. so i poked around in the yearbooks, the school newspaper, etc and found articles and stuff. i bet people took some personal pics of the events but have long forgotten them.

and let's not forget what was lost from the older gay fans that succumbed to the AIDS epidemic. die-hard fans in NYC and SFO that had pics and videos of them on tv and stuff. and when they passed, maybe those were all thrown away