[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Remember when?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Do you all realize that[1980] was forty two years ago??? 1980!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Do you all realize that[1980] was forty two years ago??? 1980!!!

WHAT???

Google says
    "Generation X is anyone born from 1965 to 1980. Baby boomers are anyone born from 1946 to 1964. Millennials are anyone born from 1981 to 1996. Generation Z is anyone born from 1997 to 2012."

Some of us have no "generational" designation -- or we were not born. Hatched?

Quote Originally Posted by 9A View Post

WHAT???

Google says
    "[FONT="]Generation X is [/FONT][FONT="]anyone born from 1965 to 1980[/FONT]. Baby boomers are anyone born from 1946 to 1964. Millennials are anyone born from 1981 to 1996. Generation Z is anyone born from 1997 to 2012."

Some of us have no "generational" designation -- or we were not born. Hatched?
    9A, you got me curious so I went to the wikipedia page for Baby-Boomers which led me to other pages regarding previous generations. So, fear not, everyone seems to have a generational designation!

The Silent Generation, also known as the Traditionalist Generation, is the Western demographic cohort following the Greatest Generation and preceding the Baby boomers. The generation is generally defined as people born from 1928 to 1945.

The Greatest Generation, also known as the G.I. Generation and the World War II generation, is the Western demographic cohort following the Lost Generation and preceding the Silent Generation. The generation is generally defined as people born from 1901 to 1927.[1] They were shaped by the Great Depression and were the primary generation composing the enlisted forces in World War II. Most people of the Greatest Generation are the parents of the Silent Generation and Baby Boomers.

The Lost Generation was the social generational cohort in the Western world that was in early adulthood during World War I. The generation is generally defined as people born from 1883 to 1900. "Lost" in this context refers to the "disoriented, wandering, directionless" spirit of many of the war's survivors in the early postwar period.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post

The Silent Generation, also known as the Traditionalist Generation, is the Western demographic cohort following the Greatest Generation and preceding the Baby boomers. The generation is generally defined as people born from 1928 to 1945.

Wow, thanks for the enlightenment, JJ. We are anything but silent.
    Traditional? Sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    ummmmm....i want one!!!