These LP sized booklets mostly date from the early days of CD box sets. Sometimes even a large size box would be used simply to house 2 CDs. This was part of the effort, which was hugely successful, to get buyers to replace the LPs they owned with the CD versions. As the years went by, the booklets often shrank, to where you might open an LP-sized CD box set, only to find the booklet was the same one which would have been issued in a regular CD "fat box" or other standard size.

A couple times I bought a vinyl version of a CD boxed set I already owned, hoping to acquire an LP-sized booklet, and then was disappointed when I discovered it only contained a miniature-sized booklet! This happened with the LP version of the complete [[3 CDs' worth) musical "Show Boat," and also happened with the Atlantic "cabaret" box set, which I think was perhaps 5 or 6 LPs [[I forget the name of the box, but it included lots of great Atlantic singers such as Bobby Short, Mabel Mercer, Mel Torme and other performers including pianists and more. So I ended up with the vinyl version of the set but with the same mini booklet!