[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Kenny, did you ever get your copy of Smokey & The Miracles CD set?
    Gar,

Yes, my copy arrived today from ImportCDs and I’m playing it right now. It’s still more than a week from the date Amazon said it’d be available! It’s a fabulous set. I’m loving it!

I always thought “Who’s Gonna Take the Blame” one of Smokey’s most heartbreaking songs. I also love the way they superimposed Claudette’s picture over the group photo on the cover. That was a nice touch. After all, like Mary Wilson for the Supremes, Claudette has largely carried forth the legacy of the Miracles.

Thanks Darin and Carlo and all you guys who reminded me we’re not stuck always buying from the Amazon juggernaut! They make it so easy that they trap you into thinking you don’t get anything by shopping around. Not so in this case.

K
    Last edited by kenneth; 05-01-2024 at 03:44 PM.