[REMOVE ADS]

Temptations andMario Corbino, what happened?

Mario Corbino joined in 2020 as a new lead singer for the Temptations but after only a handful of performances in 2021, he was gone from the group. Mario sounded amazing from the clips on Youtube.

He's on every song on Temptations 60 but something clearly went wrong because he's not even credited on the album and isn't mentioned at all. Even in Otis extensive linear notes where he thanks every previous member including Ricky Owens. I know there's been plenty of line-up changes already but this one looks a lot more serious since they weren't willing to even acknowledge his contributions on the album. I wonder if something criminal-related happened?

----------extra post ----------
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 05-15-2024 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJD88 View Post
    Mario Corbino joined in 2020 as a new lead singer for the Temptations but after only a handful of performances in 2021, he was gone from the group. Mario sounded amazing from the clips on Youtube.

He's on every song on Temptations 60 but something clearly went wrong because he's not even credited on the album and isn't mentioned at all. Even in Otis extensive linear notes where he thanks every previous member including Ricky Owens. I know there's been plenty of line-up changes already but this one looks a lot more serious since they weren't willing to even acknowledge his contributions on the album. I wonder if something criminal-related happened?
    Hope someone can offer an explanation

Mario adds a little Teddy P to the sound

According to this site in the comments section:

https://thefunkandsoulrevue.com/the-...-album-review/

"Mario Corbino is a fabulous baritone/ tenor with a tremendous range. He left because of health and wellness protocol. He sings several lead and harmony parts. It’s unfortunate he is gone but you can hear is fabulous voice through the Album. His leaving is not a reflection of Otis, or any members it was a product of the times and health issues that occurred doing the past two years."

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    According to this site in the comments section:

https://thefunkandsoulrevue.com/the-...-album-review/

"Mario Corbino is a fabulous baritone/ tenor with a tremendous range. He left because of health and wellness protocol. He sings several lead and harmony parts. It’s unfortunate he is gone but you can hear is fabulous voice through the Album. His leaving is not a reflection of Otis, or any members it was a product of the times and health issues that occurred doing the past two years."
    who is Michael White? [who added the above comment to the review, and the only one to do so, but the author didn't respond.]
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 05-15-2024 at 07:05 PM.

I can't keep up.

Corbino was announced in June, 2020 as the new lead. By October/November, 2020 he was already gone.

Corbino was very outspoken politically and I'm wondering if that didn't play into his demise in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    who is Michael White? [who added the above comment to the review, and the only one to do so, but the author didn't respond.]
    Michael White is a Recording, Mixing & Mastering Engineer and an Independent Consultant and Technical Engineer. But I have no idea how he is connected to the Tempts to have enough info to post comments about new member Mario Corbino's health problems as the reason that he was a Temp for such a short time

oh thanks ....so maybe its that same Michael White ...but then maybe not since we don't know of any connection ... could be Michael White from Springfield Missouri.

The same common dominator with all the constant lineup changes for the past 40 years. Otis.

I don't think it's Otis' fault. Seems like an amicable departure, but I wonder what Mario is up to today