Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
To be honest, I learned to look both ways from my older sister and brother, who walked me to school when we all attended elementary school together. There weren't many strangers in my neighborhood, so I was to be respectful to adults or my folks would know about it and to run if I felt threatened. I don't recall any instance when a true stranger was in the hood and there were very few times that I was alone.

And my brother and I figured Santa was a myth without being told when we found that electric football board in their closet. I don't think that I ever really believed in Santa. My folks are cool. Mom gave us room to grow up and make mistakes by telling us we could talk to her about anything without her judging us. We all did and we all turned out fine.
Ok that is pretty much how it was for us too. There were no strangers around really, my family knew everyone ,every where it seemed. My father did made it understood that we could and should tell him any and everything! I don't care what it was LOL! He was our go to guy when you had a question or if something happened or if you wanted to prepare him for hearing about something your mother was going to tell him you did bad. My brother broke the Santa Claus fantasy and showed me the toys in the basement hidden in the wall behind the furnance.